You can do something!
After reading my blog last week many people asked me what they could do to stop the Private Health Fund Rebates being cut for Naturopathy & 17 Natural Therapies in April. So here is something you CAN do and it only takes 2 minutes (honestly!). Read what Your Health Your Choice have to say…
HELP SAVE REBATES FOR NATURAL THERAPIES – IT’S NOT TOO LATE
Last year thousands of you flooded Health Minister Greg Hunt with emails asking him to save health fund rebates for natural therapies.
It almost worked: a compromise was about to be made but was then quashed due to the Liberal National Party (LNP) leadership spill.
With the Government realising it faces political defeat, there is still a window for democracy to take effect and have this flawed & unpopular policy changed.
All Minister Hunt needs to do is amend the Health Insurance Business Rules before 1 April 2019 to allow insurers to offer rebates – without having to go through Parliament. It’s that simple.
And if you haven’t already – watch my video about what i think about these cuts to Natural Medicine HERE.
As well as removing your right to access rebates and making healthcare less affordable, this ill-conceived legislation based on flawed reviews is also having other negative impacts such as:
– Restricting healthcare choices by making them less affordable
– Making it difficult (in some cases impossible) for universities/ researchers to conduct research into natural therapies
– Hospitals and organisations that receive insurance are no longer able to incorporate these therapies, even where there is good evidence (eg, many yoga programs for returned servicemen with PTSD are being shut down)
– Removing incentives to maintain high education standards
– Impacting the viability of multiple Australian small businesses
And as I have said previously affecting the professionalism of Naturopathy by allowing ANYONE to set up and call themselves a Naturopath without the safeguards being registered with a health fund provides the public.. that’s you! It is also the beginning of what I feel is an attack on Natural Healthcare and needs to be stopped.
Thank you for reading
BHSc(CompMed), AdvDipNat, DNut, DRM, ATMS
24/12 Waratah St, Mona Vale