- Halve avocadoes and remove the seeds.
- Scoop avocado flesh from the skin using a spoon and place into a bowl.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado flesh leaving a few chunks for texture.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and add the lemon/lime juice, which prevents the avocado from turning brown.
- Add chopped tomato, coriander, garlic, chillies and onion (if using), and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow flavours to blend until ready to serve.
- Serve with a selection of crudités
2 ripe avocados
A pinch of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon or lime juice
½ to 1 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, diced
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander
1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
1 to 2 red chillies, diced (optional)
½ cup of red onion, diced (optional)
To serve: carrot, celery, capsicum sticks or other crudités
- Place cooked chickpeas and tahini into a food processor.
- Add garlic, olive oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, sea salt and cumin (if using). Blend at a low speed until smooth, scraping down the sides if required to combine thoroughly.
- Gradually add extra water if a smoother consistency is required and more lemon juice to taste.
- Spoon into a dish and sprinkle with ground paprika. Cover and refrigerate for the flavours to combine or until ready to serve.
- Variation: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or finely chopped chilli if a spicier hommus is desired.
- 450 g cooked chickpeas
- 1½ tablespoons of tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (to taste)
- A pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin (optional)
- ¼ cup of water (to adjust consistency if required)
- A pinch of ground paprika to serve
- A pinch of cayenne pepper or finely chopped chilli (optional)
Veggie Snack Wraps
- Lay down a nori sheet with the rough side facing up (you will notice the seaweed papers have a shiny side and a rough side) on a chopping board. Spread a tablespoon of your chosen base over the seaweed sheet (e.g. avocado or hummus).
- Add your selection of sliced vegetables on the side closest to you, then lay on a protein source if need be. Avoid adding too much in one roll. Wet the edges of seaweed paper at the far end and roll up tightly then press down once at the end. Let it sit for five minutes before cutting into portion size pieces.
Ingredients (Veggie Snack Wraps)
- Nori seaweed sheets
- Selection of your favourite vegetables, sliced: carrot, celery, cucumber, capsicum, zucchini, sprouts etc.
- Home-made hommus or guacamole
- Add preferred protein source: boiled egg, sliced chicken, sardines, tofu