Detox Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Blend and add purified water until you get a runny consistency
- Prepare ingredients and put in a mixing bowl.
- Prepare the dressing and add to the ingredients,mixing the dressing through.
- ¼ cup red cabbage
- 1 cup cooked organic chickpeas
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 cup mixed lettuce
- 1 cup of alfalfa sprouts
- ½ red capsicum
- ½ lebanese cucumber
- 1 bunch of brocollini
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ avocado
- Optional: grated beetroot, goat’s fetta, spring onions or other allowable foods.tahini dressing
- 1 cup of unhulled tahini
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
Credit to Fin Mackenzie
Red Cabbage Salad
- Coarsley chop red cabbage.
- Peel and dice the apple.
- Cut celery, onion and capsicum.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for an hour, stirring once or twice.
Tip: This will keep for two days and should be enough for two meals.
- ½ medium red cabbage
- 1 Granny Smith or other tart apple
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ to 1 onion
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
- ½ a capsicum
- Fresh shallots or chives
- Fresh finely diced garlic to taste
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Dressing: Toss salad with one dessertspoon of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with vinegar (apple cider, red wine or balsamic) or lemon juice.
- To add variety: Blanched green beans, asparagus, anchovies, ¼ avocado, 1 artichoke, fetta, mixed herbs, oven baked capsicum or eggplant strips, marinated mushrooms. Protein alternative: chicken or tofu.
- 1 cup salad greens, include bitter greens such as rocket or watercress
- 1 hard boiled egg (sliced)
- Slices of red onion and cucumber
- 90 g of cooked white fish (or protein alternative)
- 4 black olives (optional)
Calamari Treasure Salad
- Shallow fry sesame seeds until lightly browned, put aside to cool.
- Add olive oil to a frypan.
- Place calamari in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix with egg and a dash of black pepper.
- Cook calamari mix over moderate heat for eight to ten minutes.
- Stir frequently, breaking up larger clumps until light golden brown and flaky.
- Set aside to cool.
- Prepare salad in small bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
- Gently toss cooled calamari mixture into salad and sprinkle with seame seeds.
- 90 g calamari
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup mixed: shredded lettuce, celery rings, shallots, parsley, thinly sliced field mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Sprinkling of fresh herbs
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Dash of pepper
- Olive oil