Acupuncture to benefit the face and skin has been reported in Chinese Medical texts for longer than you think. Its not about vanity, but looking after and conditioning the tissues of the face to reduce signs of ageing and stress.
When an area of the body is needled, Acupuncture on a micro-level, aims to improves blood flow to the local area, loosen tight muscles and help move fluid retention and puffiness. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps relax the nervous system in a stressed and tired body.
So applying acupuncture to the face is a direct way of influencing the connective tissue and muscles of the face when you want to improve your complexion, and reduce signs of stress in the face.
Cosmetic Acupuncture or Facial Acupuncture can also assist with:
– Softening deeper wrinkles
– Reducing Fine lines
– Crows feet, frown lines
– Sunken areas of the cheeks
– Crepiness, Drooping and sagging
– Pigmentation spots
– Tension in the face muscles
– Pallor, and brightening the complexion
Acupuncture is routinely used in China for stroke patients and people who have suffered Bell’s Palsy, and facial paralysis for similar reasons. When we needle the face we are stimulating the Brain and nervous system to pay attention in this area and activate nerve activity and muscle tone.
Cosmetic acupuncture works exactly like this and on another level of stimulating collagen production and maintaining elastin. For those of us who are tired and stressed, the daily grind can begin to show on our face, especially with signs of ageing.
What happens during a Cosmetic Acupuncture or Facial Acupuncture consult?
- During a Cosmetic Acupuncture treatment, we discuss what your goals or priorities are with your skin, as well as a general case history.
- A bit of facial massage is applied to bring the blood flow to the skin of the face before needling.
- The Facial points are applied using the best quality Acupuncture needles (Seirin) available, that make insertion comfortable and minimise any discomfort.
- After the facial points are used, body acupuncture is included to complete a wholistic treatment to support your skin health. This can focus on nourishing Qi & Blood, moving stagnation and relaxing the nervous system.
- The client is then left for 45 min to enjoy the quiet, relaxing time to themselves. The practitioner then removes the acupuncture needles slowly and with great care.
To rejuvenate your face and release facial tension, consider Cosmetic Acupuncture. It’s not about vanity, it’s about taking care of and looking after your skin for the long term and naturally without the use of harsh chemicals, peels or expensive cosmetics. Cosmetic acupuncture affects the collagen, elastin and muscles of the face with noticeable changes after 4-6 sessions.
Christmas Gift Voucher special Offer:
Initial consultation is normally $110 for 75 min.
During December and January just $90 for gift vouchers
only (Save $20).
A GREAT idea for a tired and stressed mum, loved one or for a tired and stressed you!
6, 8 and 10 Treatment packs available to save on ongoing maintenance of skin and complexion – expiry 12 months. Claimable on health fund with Acupuncture extras policy.
Katika Funnell is a Registered Acupuncturist & Chinese Medicine Practitioner with AHPRA and a Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society. She has been in private practice since 2003. Katika is available at Green Door Health Mondays and Wednesdays 2 pm -8 pm.
Book online or call 99139781.
Enjoy your Holidays!
Kind Regards Katika Funnell
Registered Acupuncturist & Chinese Medicine Practitioner
B.HSc. TCM(UTS) Cert. TCM(China) DRM
Member ATMS, AHPRA
Mobile: 0414 459 659